Out of all the rowing machines currently available on the market, we decided to go with the Proform Hybrid rower. Right now, this machine is listed as one of the best rowing machines on the block based on performance and price.
Why Buy the Proform Hybrid Rower?
Many people dream of owning their own home gym because they are tired of paying a membership fee just to exercise in front of a group of people. We understand that setting up your own home gym can be expensive, but there are some ways you can cut the cost. One way to cut costs is by purchasing convertible or combination equipment. For this reason, this rower would be a great choice. Let’s take a closer look at this piece of equipment to see exactly what you will be getting for your money.
How Many Onboard Workouts Does it Have?
The rower consists of a total of 24 onboard workouts. With these 24 onboard workouts, you can take your cross training to the max. You have the option to choose from 12 performance programs and 12 calorie-burning programs. Each one of the programs will set you on the right track to getting a stronger and fitter body.
How Many Resistance Levels Are There?
There are a total of 20 resistance levels. With these 20 resistance levels, you can start light and make your way up to heavy resistance. It has a dual trainer that pushes you every step of the way.
How’s the Target Pacer Work?
This rower has a build-in target pacer. It has an indicator light telling you when to slow down or speed up. You can personally set your pace based on your own fitness goals. The easy-to-read LCD monitor will display your performance so you can see how you’re doing.
Does This Machine Offer a Total Workout?
Of course it does. With the Perform hybrid rower, you will be working your core, legs, back and arms all at once. You can easily transition between rower and recumbent bike with the adjustable pedals, console and seat.
Proform Hybrid Rower vs Stamina 15-9003 Deluxe
Does the preform Hybrid Power stand up against the stamina 15-9003 Deluxe Conversion II Recumbent/Rower? Let’s find out …
Comparing the Quiet Operation
Both of these machines offer smooth and quiet operation.
Comparing the Build Quality
With both of these machines, the pedals feel strong when you’re pedaling, the handles feel sturdy while you’re rowing and the nylon strap that is used to pull the flywheel during strength training feels as if it will last for a long period of time. Overall, both of these are solidly built. However, the front end of the Stamina machine has a tendency to move when the intensity level is high.
Are They Both Comfortable?
Yes, both machines are comfortable.
Which Machines is the Best?
Honestly, this rowing machine is the best in our opinion, because it can easily be compared to the Stamina 159003 Deluxe Conversion II Recumbent/Rower. The only difference is the price – the Proform is a couple hundred dollars cheaper.
Pros and Cons
In this section of the article, we are going to tell you about the pros and cons of the Proform Hybrid Rower.
- Convenient – Since it is a combination recumbent bike and elliptical machine, you will save space and money. It is much better than going out and purchasing two separate machines.
- Adjustable Pedals – You can easily adjust the pedals to fit your preference.
- Workout Apps – It has workout apps that are built in. The workout apps have been designed by a certified trainer and will give you the opportunity to get the most out of your workouts.
- Target Pacer – The target pacer allows you to customize your workout.
- Affordable Price – The machine is worth every penny. Think about it, you’re practically buying two machines for the price of one.
- Well-Built – It is built from sturdy material that will last for a long period of time.
- Quite Operation – When you exercise, you won’t make a whole lot of noise.
- Assembly – Some say the assembly process takes too long, but that is expected, because the hybrid isn’t the typical machine.
- The Stride – The stride could be a couple inches longer, but that’s no big deal.
If you are looking for a machine that will kick you into shape, the Proform is a great choice. It is comfortable, has a total of 24 onboard workouts, a target pacer, is well-built and offers a quiet operation. What more could you ask for?